The care and protection of children will have the highest importance for everyone in this school. Everything possible will be done to implement the Area Child Protection Committee Guidelines for Child Protection to keep children safe and to protect them from danger.
1. To establish excellent and effective procedures for keeping children safe.
2. To put into place and follow the Area Child Protection Committee Guidelines for Child Protection.
3. To ensure that staff are well trained and able carry out their responsibilities well.
4. To ensure that there is a quick and effective response to any incident.
5. To identify any children who may be at risk quickly and take appropriate action.
6. To ensure coherence of good practice throughout the school and to assist in the smooth transition of learners to other schools.
7. To ensure good communication of information to all relevant staff.
8. To provide relevant information to various outside agencies when appropriate.
All staff will follow the procedures agreed with the LA as set out in the Child Protection Committee
‘Guidelines for Child Protection’.
There is an appropriate ‘nominated member of staff’ who must be informed immediately of any concern and they will lead the school’s response to any concern.
If there is any allegation made concerning the nominated member of staff, then a member of the school senior leadership team must be informed and they will assume the role of ‘nominated member of staff’ until the allegation has been investigated and fully resolved..
Detailed records will be kept at every stage.
Outside agencies will be fully involved at appropriate stages as set out in the ‘Guidelines for Child Protection’.
Children will be happy and enjoy their time in school. The protection of children is the responsibility of everyone in school and so all will be vigilant in their duty of care of children. This school will be a place of safety where the welfare, care and protection of children is paramount so that it supports and encourages their growth and development both in and out of school. This policy should be read in conjunction with the Policy for Safeguarding and Protecting Children – Staffing Checks